A number of iconic fashion designers are reportedly chomping at the bit for the chance to dress future First Lady Melania Trump for Inauguration Day.
New York socialite and philanthropist and Trump family friend Jean Shafiroff, who sits on the Couture Council of The Museum at New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology, took a poll to determine how interested designers were when asked their thoughts on dressing Mrs. Trump.
Shafiroff told the New York Post that Zac Posen, B. Michael America, Victor de Souza, and Zang Toi are among the designers who say they’d be willing to dress the First Lady to-be.
“Any designer who dresses her will get enormous press,” Shafiroff told the outlet.
The news comes after several world-renowned designers, including Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs, publicly declined to design clothing for Mrs. Trump.
“‘I have no interest whatsoever in dressing Melania Trump,” Jacobs told WWD in November.
Shortly after Trump’s victory in November, designer Sophie Theallet urged her colleaguesin the fashion world not to design clothing for or associate with the new First Lady in any way.
“The rhetoric of racism, sexism, and xenophobia unleashed by her husband’s presidential campaign are incompatible with the shared values we live by. I encourage my fellow designers to do the same,” she said.
Designer Stefano Gabbana, co-founder of fashion house Dolce & Gabbana, has proudly posted photos on his Instagram of Mrs. Trump wearing his clothing. The photos caused a stir on social media, and Gabbana fired back at critics threatening to boycott his designs.
“How many stupid and ignorant people r on Instagram!!!” Gabbana wrote back in one of several comments taking aim at the negative posters. “Please if you don’t like my post unfollow me… thank you.”
Last month, designer Calvin Klein said “of course” he would dress Melania Trump.
“She’s beautiful,” the designer told TMZ.
Read More Stories About:
- Donald Trump: ‘Over-rated’ Meryl Streep a ‘Hillary Flunky’4843 comments - 6 hours ago
- Golden Globes 2017: Live Coverage, Updates and Analysis (Updating)12259 comments - 19 hours ago
- Officer Dead, Schools on Lockdown as Orlando Police Hunt Cop Killer1126 comments - 2 hours ago
- Breitbart News #45 Most Trafficked U.S. Website, Beats HuffPo, WaPo, FoxNews; 2 Billion Pageviews in 20161969 comments - 4 hours ago
- Donald Trump Discussing One Million New Jobs with Chinese Amazon Competitor692 comments - 2 hours ago
- Graham Calls Republicans Celebrating Russian Interference a ‘Political Hack’ — ‘You’re Not a Patriot’7408 comments - 1 day ago
- Fake News Plus Fascism: New York Times Urges Boycott of Breitbart6488 comments - 1 day ago
- WATCH: Senior Abbas Aide – Moving U.S. Embassy To Jerusalem A ‘Declaration Of War On All Muslims’1048 comments - 6 hours ago
- Brainwash Children Against Trump and Brexit, Top Education Mag Tells Teachers838 comments - 5 hours ago
- Half of German Women Feel Unsafe in Their Own Neighbourhoods664 comments - 4 hours ago
FROM THE HOMEPAGE
Breitbart News #45 Most Trafficked U.S. Website, Beats HuffPo, WaPo, FoxNews; 2 Billion Pageviews in 20161969 Comments
Officer Dead, Schools on Lockdown as Orlando Police Hunt Cop Killer1126 Comments
Donald Trump Discussing One Million New Jobs with Amazon Competitor Jack Ma692 Comments
Donald Trump: ‘Over-rated’ Meryl Streep a ‘Hillary Flunky’4843 Comments
Meryl Streep Uses Lifetime Achievement Award Speech to Bash Donald Trump12259 Comments
Chicago Police Board Chair: Windy City Needs Federal Help to Turn Tide on Crime1689 Comments
Half of German Women Feel Unsafe in Their Own Neighbourhoods664 Comments
German Vice-Chancellor: EU Breaking Apart ‘No Longer Unthinkable’254 Comments
Designers Lining Up to Dress Melania Trump for Inauguration214 Comments
‘State of Panic’ Over ‘Atmospheric River’ as Storm Slams CA743 Comments
Environmentalists: Population Boom Will Cost UK Billions — So Stop Having Kids745 Comments
Californians Comprise Largest Number of New Texas Transplants825 Comments
U.S. Navy Destroyer Fires Warning Shots at Iranian Vessels: U.S. Officials644 Comments
Brainwash Children Against Trump and Brexit, Top Education Mag Tells Teachers838 Comments
Pope on Europe’s Identity Crisis: Rediscover Your Roots320 Comments
Controversial Turkish Marriage Guide Allows Wife-Beating248 Comments
Ghana’s President Lifted Passages from Clinton, Bush in Inauguration Speech86 Comments
Fake News Plus Fascism: New York Times Urges Boycott of Breitbart6488 Comments
Fake ‘Fake News’: Media Sow Division with Dishonest Attack on Breitbart’s ‘Allahu Akbar’ Church Fire Story3481 Comments