Thursday, 09 Mar 2017 12:45 PM
Jeff Sessions, the U.S. Attorney General, said he is open to appointing an outside counsel to probe President Barack Obama's Justice Department or those who worked at the Internal Revenue Service during his tenure.
Sessions made the comment Thursday in a conversation with Hugh Hewitt.
"I'm going to do everything I possibly can to restore the independence and professionalism of the Department of Justice," Sessions said. "So, we'll have to consider whether or not some outside counsel is needed. Generally, a good review of that internally is the first step before any such decision is made."
During Obama's administration, his attorney general, Eric Holder, was held in contempt of Congress regarding a claim the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms allowed illegal gun sales to and from Mexico in order to track drug cartels, according to CNN.
During Obama's administration, the IRS was said to have targeted conservative groups. In October 2015, CNN reported the Department of Justice announced no charges would be filed in the investigation.
About the IRS case, Sessions said, "That circumstance raised a lot of questions in my mind, and when I was in the Senate. So, it is a matter of real concern to me."
Sessions is himself under fire over statements he made about meetings with a Russian ambassador. Sen. Al Franken said Tuesday he believedSessions has committed perjury.
Who the hell cares what that idiot Franken says?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Click Here to comment on this article
on Google Plus
- Gain Muscle with Apple Cider Vinegar and This
- The New World Money to Crush the USD
- Counselor Sends Strange Warning To White House
- 120/80 Miracle Ends High Blood Pressure
- Retirement Panic Story: "Get Out of Cash Now"
- Marijuana Industry Set to Explode Like Gangbusters
- The Plant Compound Known to Balance Blood Pressure
- The $100 Trump Retirement Roadmap
- Largest Deal in Shark Tank- 10 Million investment
- This 2-Minute Trick Burns 1 Pound of Fat Every Day
- Single Mom Nets Biggest ‘Shark Tank’ Deal Ever
- Trump Shocks Seniors with Reverse Mortgage Orders
- It's Scary What This Site Knows About You, Enter Name
Saturday, 04 Mar 2017 |1018commentsI would immediately rescind Sessions' recusals of this fake Russian...
Sunday, 05 Mar 2017 |891commentsIt was Comey that recommended to Obama AG Lynch that no charges be brought...
Saturday, 04 Mar 2017 |846commentsThere is no doubt Barry, thinking himself above the law, would do this....
Tuesday, 07 Mar 2017 |696commentsThis is because we Conservatives want Obamacare repealed, NOT "repaired."...
Friday, 03 Mar 2017 |593commentsGreatest President ever, so far.When will the members of the Demagogic...